I suggest you ...

Sample lights before purchase

It would be great to be able to sample a light before we purchase it!! :)

1,845 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

146 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Given the 💷 price of the scenes, it's just impossible to justify the gamble of purchasing them before seeing how the final lighting product/scene appears. There's no doubt in my mind I would have purchased a significant amount (if not all) of the scenes if I had been able to briefly test them out first to be sure I'd have use for them & that they'd fit in with my extensive (house-wide) Hue setup. It's unfortunate too because had I not been previously burnt in the past with paid for / untestable scenes that turned out to be totally useless and of poor quality, I may well have forked out for the entire set of scenes in this app - but then it is entirely plausible that I would still be feeling burnt by the app's lack of delivery of quality lighting scenes that have no place in my setup. I guess I will never know!
        Forgive the lengthy comment but I feel strongly that Hue lighting scenes apps should allow for testing of the scenes prior to purchase (or alternatively allowing for a refund within 60 minutes of purchase).
        Thanks guys - nice app with the potential for greatness with increased attention to detail & user feedback.
        All the best!

• Michelle Huitron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, yes! I want so many scenes, but at $1.99 each, I’d like to know they at least come close to how they appear in my imagination!

• Boz Inc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that the scenes should be sampled prior to purchase. Also, developer needs to address the “rent vs buy” issue. After reading reviews I won’t buy any scenes if they can simply just disappear.

Don’t you guys want revenue coming in?

Cool app otherwise.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The reason I don’t buy certain ones is because I can’t see what it looks like.

Feedback and Knowledge Base