I suggest you ...

Testing a locked scene before buying...

Maybe it would be beneficial to have a try-before-buying preview of locked scenes. For example, I want to buy "Blow Torch" but don't want to impulsively buy something I might not like. It would be a nice feature to have if I could preview a scene by pressing and holding on a locked scene, and having a timer limit my preview, even a once a day limit. This might even help to increase sales activity because what you buy will remain less of a mystery.

1,924 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Aaron shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

108 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this would be a good idea, since some scenes could be similar. I wouldn't want to pay money for something that is almost just like what I already have.

• Shawn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good idea! What if the pic is cool but it's ugly on the lights

Even an on screen simulation would work. I will also not buy something when I don't know what it does.

• Kat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great option and we would probabaly buy more if we were able to see what they were first!!!!

Yup I agree. I haven't buy anything at all. Basic will do and I always can duplicate it on hue app

• vheuschkel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, please allow us to test the scenes!, I would buy so much more if I could just test them out ..tired of wasting $$$$ on something don't like

EXACTLY!! And there is NO REASON why you should not do this unless your intention IS to just rip people off and take our money! It should be at least THREE (3) tests PER group of lights. I'm sure I am not alone in having spent a dollar here and a couple dollars there on this and every other Hue app, trying to find that "amazing scene". They all add up, not just yours. The lights are already stupidly expensive for what they are - no one should be subjected to another $20-50 in WASTED scene purchases that, in terms of real value, should have been 50 cents...TOPS! So okay...we all put out the buck or two for these pennies worth of scenes, don't gouge us even more by making us buy (just to try) ones that are actually beyond worthless. No offence, honestly, but some of these are ridiculous. I just paid $2 + something for the "City Christmas" - like oh wow!! What a waste!!

• Aris Efraimidis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Exactly this. I bought some scenes which I didn't like at all and some that i did like, but i'd rather know before i buy.

If I buy and get burned once (don't like it), I simply will no longer buy any effects because I'll fear it could be crummy and I'll have wasted more money. if I get burned twice, you've lost a customer for life. giving a trail will let me keep hunting until I find one or more that I love. in that case, I'll spend more time playing with the app and trying things out. you can keep making hundreds of effects and I'll always be browsing and buying as I want change due to boredom with what I've already bought.

Good suggestion because now I don't buy anything because I don't know what I will get.

Feedback and Knowledge Base